Before taking ownership of your newly constructed home you will walk through the house with your builder. But an independent inspection completed by a qualified home inspector often uncovers deficiencies overlooked by the builder’s inspector – sometimes even municipal inspectors.
If caught early, the builder can correct these deficiencies before you move in, so your home is the way it’s supposed be the moment you move in. As a homeowner, a New Build Inspection:
- Ensures your newly constructed home is complete and ready for possession
- Highlights health and safety issues
- Helps ensure deficiencies are corrected under the New Home Warranty Program or at the builder’s expens
- Creates a deficiency list that can be used to correctly fill out homebuilder warranty forms
- Documents deficiencies and offers recommendations for approaching repairs